Are you tired of looking at the gaps in your smile? Dental implants, offered by your Kissimmee, FL, dentist, Dr. Vincent Grosso, just may be the perfect tooth restoration option for you.
How dental implants can help your smile
Dental implants make it possible for your dentist to create a brand new synthetic tooth for you. An implant becomes the root of your new tooth and is attached to a crown, a restoration that replaces the visible part of your tooth. When you visit the Kissimmee, FL, dental office, your dentist makes an impression of your mouth that's used to create a crown.
Implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. Once in place, the titanium implant begins to bond to your jawbone. In just three to six months, the implant is fully bonded and ready for a crown.
Dental implants offer many benefits, including:
- Excellent Biting Power: Loss of biting power is an issue with some restorations but not dental implants. Your implants give your new teeth the ability to bite, tear, grind, and chew many types of food with ease.
- No Comfort Issues: Because your implants are firmly attached to your jawbone, they won't slip or slide when you eat, helping you avoid irritation or sores.
- A Permanent Replacement Option: Your dental implants may never need to be replaced, unlike bridges and dentures. Daily brushing and flossing and regular dental checkups will help keep your implants in good condition.
- Versatility: Whether you've lost a tooth or a permanent tooth never grew in, implants can help you improve your smile. They're also a good choice if you have dentures. Implant-supported dentures can be supported by as few as four implants per arch and offer a comfortable alternative to traditional dentures.
- No Jawbone Worries: Your tooth roots support your teeth and stimulate your jawbone. When teeth are lost, stimulation decreases, which can weaken and shrink the bone. Eventually, the bone can shrink so much that it can't adequately support your teeth or your facial muscles. If this happens, the lower part of your face may sag and you may lose teeth. Dental implants provide the stimulation your jawbone needs to stay healthy and helps you avoid these problems.
Replace your missing teeth with dental implants! Call your dentist in Kissimmee, FL, Dr. Grosso, at (407) 350-5969 to schedule your appointment.