Your oral health is a very personal thing. It impacts how you look, how your body functions, how confident you feel. Don't your teeth and gums deserve consistent, accurate, and compassionate care? To receive all this and more, visit your Kissimmee, FL, dentist, Dr. Vincent Grosso, on a regular basis. You'll reap the benefits of a great smile.
How often should I see my dentist?
First of all, routine dental care should start as soon as that first baby tooth arrives. Of course, as an adult, you're far past tooth and jaw development and probably have encountered a filling or two along the way.
Yet, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that patients of all ages see their dentists every six months. Why? Prophylaxis is key to smile health, longevity, and even personal appearance. In other words, your visits to your Kissimmee dentist keep your smile in good repair, spot problems before they spiral out of control, and move you forward on a treatment plan which addresses all your preventive, restorative, and cosmetic needs.
Is every six months enough?
For many people it is, says the ADA. However, this well-respected organization also recognizes the need for some people to see the dentist more often--say, every three to four months--because their teeth decay easily or they need more frequent cleanings to maintain optimal gum health.
In fact, research studies through the University of Michigan School of Dentistry bear this out. They also show that the percentage of patients who experience tooth loss is higher when routine dental visits are less frequent.
What your dental team does
All research and scientific conclusions aside, it just makes sense to see Dr. Grosso and his friendly team twice a year at their Kissimmee office. And, here are the services you'll receive:
- A thorough hygienic cleaning and tooth polishing to remove bacteria-filled plaque and tartar from between teeth and at the gum line
- A periodontal assessment (measurement of gum pockets)
- Oral cancer screening (the Oral Cancer Foundation says when these cancers are caught early, cure rates rise)
- Digital X-rays as needed
- Visual inspection for decay, gum disease, dental bite, condition of fillings, and other restorations, signs of excessive wear due to teeth grinding
- Fluoride treatments or plastic sealants as needed to protect against decay
- A personalized care plan outlining your preventive needs, restorations if required, and cosmetic dental goals
Dr. Grosso and his staff stress individualized patient care--not cookie-cutter treatments. Also, comfort and a kind listening ear are keys to ongoing treatment at Dr. Grosso's office.
A word about emergencies
Contact Dr. Grosso right away if you encounter a serious and sudden oral health problem such as a knocked out tooth, throbbing toothache or other matter which cannot wait. We're here to help relieve your pain and repair your smile.
If you need a routine cleaning and examination, please call Dr. Gross's office team in Kissimmee, FL, for an appointment today. Preventive dental care is the best path to a healthy smile. Phone (407) 350-5969.